MOTHER MARIE DE SAINT CHARLES
Mother Marie de St Charles
Angelique Perigault, who became Sr. Marie de St Charles,
entered the Daughters of Jesus’ noviciate in 1841 at the age of 21. She
had chosen that Congregation because it was “small and poor”.In 1846,
aged 26 years, she was elected
Superior General and remained so until the end of her life in 1884. From
the beginning of her generalate, the Congregation was beset by serious
difficulties which could have led to its disappearance. She faced them
with faith and audacity. Under her leadership the Congregation
eventually experienced a remarkable growth, the numbers having increased
from 60 to over 600 sisters, so that numerous foundations were able to
be made. The premises in Bignan had long since been inadequate for the
growing young Congregation.
In 1860, the Mother House was established some kilometres away near
Locminé. It was named "Kermaria", "the village of Mary". A chapel
dedicated to St Joseph was built and soon became a centre of pilgrimage
for the surrounding area.
Informacion del ron White and Black,
marca registrada de
Antonio Bolivar Perigault Burgos en 1916, y
posiblemente producida en el alambique de
Pedro Perigault Paredes.
Click on the buttons: